Application of Policy
OpenForm recognizes the importance of privacy and the sensitivity of Personal Information. OpenForm believes in protecting your privacy. This policy outlines how we manage your Personal Information and safeguard your privacy.
“OpenForm”, “we”, “us” and “our” refer collectively to OpenForm Properties Ltd., its parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries, and including the separate legal entities that are the developers of properties and projects.
By providing Personal Information to us, you agree to the terms of this policy. If you have any concerns, please contact us at the address at the end of this policy.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies or other entities that OpenForm does not manage or control. This policy does not apply to information regarding corporations or other non-individuals.
The following definitions are used for the purposes of this policy:
“Contact Information” means information to enable an individual at a place of business to be contacted and includes the name, position name or title, business telephone number, business address, business email or business fax number of the individual.
“Personal Information” means information about an identifiable individual, excluding Contact Information.
“Site” means collectively our websites, including mobile versions, social media pages, and development project websites.
“Summarized Data” mean records which have been stripped of information potentially identifying individuals, and which have been manipulated or combined to provide generalized, anonymous information.
Collection of Personal Information
This policy covers our treatment of Personal Information that we collect, either through communications or interaction we may have with you (such as e-mails, telephone conversations, face-to-face or written correspondence) or through our Site.
In your dealings with us, you may voluntarily provide Personal Information, such as your:
- Personal name;
- Personal contact information, including email, home address, and telephone numbers;
- If you register for our Site, login and password information;
- Financial and credit information;
- Employment information;
- Consumer preference information;
- If you visit our properties, images captured by video monitoring; and
- Other details related to the subject matter you are communicating with us about.
Sometimes we may collect Personal Information about you from other sources, provided that you have consented to the collection, such sources are permitted to share such information, such information is publicly available, or the collection is otherwise required or permitted by law. Examples of collection from other sources include collections from:
- a government agency or registry;
- your employer;
- credit reporting agencies, in order to help us make credit decisions.
Use of a Personal Information
OpenForm may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with information about OpenForm, development projects, properties, and other products and services;
- subject to compliance with applicable law, to contact you from time to time to inform you about OpenForm’s current or future development projects, properties, products, or services, other parties’ products and services that we believe will be of interest to you, or to conduct surveys;
- if you register with us or our Site, to administer and build your account;
- to contact and correspond with you, including communicating with you about transactions or administrative matters with us;
- to process any applications you make to us;
- to carry out obligations arising from any purchase agreement or other contracts entered into between you and OpenForm;
- if applicable, to manage your tenancy with us;
- to provide you with the products and services that you request from us;
- to meet any legal or regulatory requirements;
- to confirm your identity;
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, and statistical purposes;
- to improve our Site to en
- to allow you to participate in discussion forums and interactive areas of our Site, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others;
- as may be otherwise described to you when the information is collected;
- as required or permitted by law.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information with any member of our OpenForm group. OpenForm may disclose your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- when you have consented to the disclosure;
- to fulfill the purpose for which the Personal Information was collected;
- when the products or services we are providing to you or your transactions with us require us to give information to third parties;
- if we engage a third party to provide services to us (like computer back-up services or archival file storage) and the third party is bound by confidentiality obligations;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets or propose to enter into such a transaction, in which case we may disclose your Personal Information to the seller or buyer of such business or assets or for due diligence purposes, as permitted by law;
- subject to compliance with applicable law, if the information is already publicly available;
- when we are required or permitted by law to do so
By providing Personal Information to us and by transacting with us for properties, products, and services, you voluntarily consent to the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information as specified in this policy. Without limiting the foregoing, we may on occasion ask you to consent when we collect, use, or disclose your Personal Information in specific circumstances, in which case we may ask for your consent in writing although in some circumstances we may accept your oral consent. Sometimes your consent will be implied through your conduct with us if the purpose of the collection, use or disclosure is obvious and you voluntarily provide the information. In addition, we may collect, use and disclose Personal Information without your consent when we are required or permitted by law to do so.
Withdrawal of Consent
Individuals have the right to withdraw their consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of Personal Information at any time, except where that withdrawal would frustrate the performance of a legal obligation by OpenForm. Upon reasonable written notice given to OpenForm, all Personal Information held by OpenForm that is identifiable to that individual will be removed from our records and a notice of the impact of that removal will be provided to the individual. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you withdraw consent OpenForm nonetheless reserves the right to retain, collect, use and disclose Personal Information without your consent where we are permitted by law to do so.
You may wish to opt out of receiving certain information and marketing or promotional materials from OpenForm. You may do so by using the unsubscribe link or other mechanism in the email or other electronic mechanism sent to you or by contacting us at the addresses at the end of this policy.
Site Collection of Data
Please remember that you control what Personal Information you provide to OpenForm while visiting the Site. You can visit the Site without registering or submitting any Personal Information at all.
Like most other commercial websites, our Site may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Our Site uses “cookies” to store information about you, including session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary cookies used for various reasons, such as to manage page views. Your browser usually erases session cookies once you exit your browser. Persistent cookies are more permanent cookies that are stored on your computers or mobile devices even beyond when you exit your browser. We use persistent cookies for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided. Cookies may be used for many purposes, including, without limitation, remembering you and your preferences and tracking your visits to our web pages. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a persistent or session cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off such cookies through your browser settings. You may choose to delete persistent cookies after visiting the Site. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you choose to disable cookies, some features of the Site may not function properly.
We may use technology to detect and use your location information in connection with the Site. Location-based services help us use your location to better serve you and to identify properties near you and to provide you with localized services. You should consider the pros and cons involved in disclosing your location information to us and to other people. Your device settings may enable you to disable, change or limit some of these activities.
Third-Party Cookies and Information Used to Target Ads to You
Various programs permit you to opt out of advertising programs that track your activities across multiple websites to deliver personalized advertising content to you. For more information about these programs and to opt-out using those programs, please visit:
- Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada Opt Out Page: http://youradchoices.ca/ understanding online advertising,
- NAI Opt Out Page: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp;
- Ad Choices Opt Out Page: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Our Site may contain links to other websites, which are not governed by this policy. You should read the individual privacy policies of these other websites, and make an informed decision whether or not to use these other websites based upon their privacy practices.
We may use your Personal Information to generate Summarized Data for internal use and for sharing with affiliates, subsidiaries, advertisers and business partners. Your identity and Personal Information will be kept anonymous in Summarized Data. Summarized Data will be used for marketing and planning purposes.
Access to and Correction of Personal Information
Individuals have the right to know what Personal Information OpenForm has collected about them, how that information is being used and to whom it has been disclosed, as well as to verify and amend that information if it is incorrect. Upon receiving a written access and/or correction request, and where the identity of the requestor can be confirmed, information held by OpenForm that is identifiable to the requestor, as well as information on all use and disclosures of that information, will be released to the requestor within the legally prescribed period, except where that release is not required or is prohibited by law, and if necessary OpenForm will correct the Personal Information of the requestor. If we deny your request for access to, or refuse a request to correct Personal Information, we will explain why.
OpenForm is based in British Columbia, Canada and the information (including any Personal Information) we collect is maintained and processed in Canada and other countries where our servers may be located. You understand and agree that we may store and process the information you provide to us in Canada and other countries. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, or law enforcement in Canada and foreign countries according to their laws.
Is my Personal Information Secure?
OpenForm uses reasonable industry measures to protect against the unauthorized access, disclosure, modification or destruction of Personal Information we collect. While we are committed to ensuring the security of Personal Information, no protection measure can provide a 100% guarantee of security. Consequently, we do not warrant or guarantee the security of the Personal Information or of any text or email communications or information sent by you to us. If you wish to send us confidential information, please notify us first to make arrangements.
Retention of Personal Information
Personal Information will be retained in accordance with this policy for as long as may be necessary or relevant for the identified purpose of collection, or as may be required or permitted by law, after which time it will be made anonymous or destroyed unless you further consent to its continued retention.
We may change this policy from time to time and such changes will be effective from the date of revision.
Your Responsibility for Privacy
Ultimately, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any Personal Information in your possession. Always be careful and responsible regarding your Personal Information.
Need more information?
Should you have any further questions or concerns about the privacy of information you provide to OpenForm or this policy, including our use of affiliates or third party service providers outside Canada to process personal information, please feel free to contact any of the following people:
Attn: Privacy Compliance
2040 Burrard Street
V6J 3H5 Canada